Saturday 9 January 2016

Aristoc 80 Denier Micro Fibre Tights - Review



As with my first review I am focussing on what I am wearing today.

Before Christmas I was browsing for some pre-Christmas deals and came across these on UKTights


 
They are available in six colours and three sizes:
 


Description:

"A collection of feature-rich, premium opaque products made from the most luxurious yarns.

These beautiful soft, Aristoc 80 Navy Denier tights are knitted using smooth microfibre yarns for extreme softness and a velvet-like touch.

  • Aristoc 80D Microfibre Nylon/Elastane 3D leg that is extremely comfortable & has an exceptional fit
  • Deep comfort waistband and sheer opaque to waist
  • Flat seamed with cotton gusset
  •  94% Nylon, 5% Elastane, 1% Cotton excluding waistband"

I thought I'd give them a go so bought them in Navy (M/L) along with a couple of items that I'll hopefully get round to reviewing sometime soon :)

Delivery from UKTights was prompt and they came well packaged.

First impressions when I opened them was that they are some of the softest tights I have ever felt, not a silk soft, more velvety as described and certainly live up to the 'luxury' title from that perspective.  They also have a small Aristoc label in the back which is a nice touch.

Even though I was already wearing tights I had to change and try these on there and then.  The fit is really good, my waist is 30\32" and some larger tights can fall down a bit but these stay up well and still feel as if they have a bit of extra stretch in them even with me being 6 foot.  From a man's perspective the gusset is very comfortable, some tights I've tried can be a little too tight for the male anatomy but these are the perfect balance between staying up without digging in. The waistband is also very comfortable and sits well on the waist or hips.



Being 80 denier they are a little thicker but they don't overheat you and work well in a wide temperature range.  They have a nice matte appearance and on my legs they are almost completely opaque.

Availability:

As mentioned above I bought them from UKTights (currently £8.99) who have a wide range of Aristoc products.

They are also available from Aristoc's own website and PrettyPolly who again have a number of Aristoc items available.

Summary:

I cannot speak highly enough of these tights especially considering the £8.99 price tag, the best endorsement I can give is that I went back and bought them in 4 more colours! I now have them in everything except wine.  They are my 'go to' tights when I have freshly shaved my legs and can really appreciate that velvety softness.

I'd like to try more from Aristoc's 'Ultimate Luxury Leg' range at some point, particularly the 50 denier to see how they compare.


Thank you for reading and feel free to post any comments or questions :)






No comments:

Post a Comment