Tuesday 26 January 2016

Review - Trasparenze Wilma Cotton Tights


Firstly sorry for the long wait between reviews, work has been manic!

A while back when the temperature plummeted I thought I'd crack out the cotton tights, specifically I pulled out my Trasparenze Wilma Cotton Tights bought from UKTights. (As always delivery was prompt and the items well packaged)


They are described as:
"The most luxurious high cotton item in the Trasparenze range. There are many cotton items but it is Italian wool that Trasparenze are more known for. Wool is beautiful fabric, but a high cotton item is something that can be just as luxurious, if not more. Less woolly and more soft and velvety, cotton opaque tights can be just as warm for winter and yet they feel nicer to the touch for many who prefer this material over wool."

They come in four colours (Nero, Nero Melange, Marrone, Marrone Melange)






and 5 sizes










I got them in Nero Melange (XL - 4 ) which is a really nice grey colour.  The fit is perfect (enough room from a male perspective), the waistband doesn't dig in and as the description above states, they are beautifully soft and velvety unlike some cotton tights that can be a bit coarse.   I would guess from my experience that they would fit up to 6'1" and there was still a bit of stretch in them with my 31" waist.




Theses are the perfect tights for a cold day, I'd jumped out of the shower and was freezing, the second I put these on I immediately felt warm and cosy.  Other cotton tights I've tried have felt like wearing socks that go all the way up, the great thing about these is that they still feel like tights.

Appearance wise if you were wearing them under trousers you could easily get away with not wearing socks, they are also warm enough to wear with shorts on a colder day.

They stayed up well all day and I almost didn't want to take them off to go to bed!


Availability:

The only stockist I've found have been UKTights, Trasparenze's own website even redirect you to UKTights.

Summary:

These are good value at £12.99, they feel like I will get a good few years out of them.  The perfect pair of tights for a touch of luxury on a cold day! 


No comments:

Post a Comment